Clarification of the role
You will join our existing development team in Sydney, and will be involved in the development of apps for clients, R&D work on new features, and extension of the AirService platform suite.
- Design and development of micro service platform APIs with deployment onto distributed architectures and specific environmental interfaces within a range of implementation environments.
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Building of application testing, and fault finding and sandbox application builds.
- Brain-storming ideas with the rest of team, and prototyping new ideas to ensure we (and our customers) can stay ahead of the competition.
Mandatory skills and experience
- Experience with deployment and management of distributed applications
- An understanding of SOA and micro service design patterns and architectures
- Experience with RESTful API’s
- An appreciation and understanding of JSON APIs and GraphQL
- Ability to work in a distributed team, with the confidence to work independently as well as seek assistance and work collaboratively when required.
- A fundamental understanding of coding and an ability to work things out from first principles.
- An interest in other platforms and integrations, such as Chromecast, Carplay, Android, iOS, Alexa, Sonos and the like.
- Excellent attention to detail, and a desire to be proud of what you do.
- An appreciation of why design and UX is important.
- Drive to keep up to date with developments and trends in the tech and modern media world
- Strong organisational skills
- Mathematical aptitude
- Good understanding an appreciation of test frameworks and why they are used
- Good understanding of CI/CD
- The ability to learn quickly
- The ability to interpret and follow technical plans
- Problem-solving skills
Nice to have
- Knowledge and experience with GraphQL.
- Knowledge and experience with AWS services and serverless architectures including:
- API Gateway,
- An understanding of functional programming
- Good problem solving skills, with an ability to think on your feet and the ability to solve issues quickly.
- Team player with an ability to communicate ideas verbally and in written form.
- Excitement about how smartphones and tablets are changing the world and a general interest in the tech industry.
- Open to new technologies, and a willingness to try new things.