Clarification of the role
AirService is looking for a solution driven self-starter with proven mobile development experience with various mobile frameworks. The role will primarily include working with the deeper device interface and OS capabilities to maintain leading edge functionality available across the broad range of business sectors and implementation environments.
You will join our existing development team in Sydney, and will be involved in the development of apps for clients, R&D work on new features, and extension of the AirService platform suite.
- Design and development of device specific environmental interfaces within a range of implementation environments.
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Building of application testing, and fault finding and sandbox application builds.
- Brain-storming ideas with the rest of team, and prototyping new ideas to ensure we (and our customers) can stay ahead of the competition.
Mandatory skills and experience
- Proven experience (4+) with iOS and/or Android development frameworks
- Strong skills and proven experience with programming languages such as Objective-C, Java
- Excellent iOS and Objective C development skills with a proven track record across a range of apps.
- Experience of Swift, and an understanding of how Objective C and Swift can co-exist, and the advantages and disadvantages of both.
- Ability to work in a distributed team, with the confidence to work independently as well as seek assistance and work collaboratively when required.
- A fundamental understanding of coding and an ability to work things out from first principles.
- An interest in other platforms and integrations, such as Chromecast, Carplay, Android, Alexa, Sonos and the like.
- Excellent attention to detail, and a desire to be proud of what you do.
- An appreciation of why design and UX is important.
- Experience with RESTful API’s
- Experience on other mobile or tablet platforms would be nice.
- Drive to keep up to date with developments and trends in the tech and modern media world
- Strong organisational skills
- Mathematical aptitude
- Good understanding an appreciation of test frameworks and why they are used
- Good understanding of CI/CD
- The ability to learn quickly
- The ability to interpret and follow technical plans
- Problem-solving skills
Nice to have
2+ years of ReactNative
Knowledge and experience with AWS services including:
- Good problem solving skills, with an ability to think on your feet and the ability to solve issues quickly.
- Team player with an ability to communicate ideas verbally and in written form.
- Excitement about how smartphones and tablets are changing the world and a general interest in the tech industry.
- Open to new technologies, and a willingness to try new things.