Clarification of the role
You will join our existing engineering team in Sydney, and will be involved in the design, development and implementation of the AirService product suite for clients, R&D work on new features, and extension of the AirService platform suite.
Mandatory skills and experience
- Ability to work in a distributed team, with the confidence to work independently as well as seek assistance and work collaboratively when required.
- A fundamental understanding of coding and an ability to work things out from first principles.
- An interest in other platforms and integrations, such as Chromecast, Carplay, Android, Alexa, Sonos and the like.
- Excellent attention to detail, and a desire to be proud of what you do.
- An appreciation of why design and UX is important.
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Drive to keep up to date with developments and trends in the tech and modern media world
- Strong organisational skills
- Mathematical aptitude
- Good understanding an appreciation of test frameworks and why they are used
- Good understanding of CI/CD
- The ability to learn quickly
- The ability to interpret and follow technical plans
- Problem-solving skills
Nice to have
Appreciation and knowledge of the benefits of strong typing and iterations such as as ReasonML and OCaml
Knowledge and experience with GraphQL.
Knowledge and experience with AWS services and serverless architectures including:
- API Gateway,
- Good problem solving skills, with an ability to think on your feet and the ability to solve issues quickly.
- Team player with an ability to communicate ideas verbally and in written form.
- Excitement about how smartphones and tablets are changing the world and a general interest in the tech industry.
- Open to new technologies, and a willingness to try new things.